Customer Service Specialist Level 3
Duration: 15 Months
Delivery: Online, Face to Face or Both
Start Dates: Monthly
The main purpose of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries. You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems. As an expert in your organisation’s products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues. You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environments including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any customer service point.
Details of the programme
This apprenticeship usually takes 15 months to complete during which you will participate in training, development and on-going review activities.
A Customer service specialists work could include;
- Customer requests
- Complaints and queries
- Gather and analyse data and customer information
- Share knowledge with wider team
- Utilising digital technologies
This apprenticeship covers the professional behaviours, knowledge and skills that are required of a Customer Service Specialist. Some of these include:
- Business knowledge and understanding
- Customer journey knowledge
- Knowing your customers and their needs
- customer service culture and environment awareness
- Providing positive customer experience
- Working with your customers
- Service improvement
- Ownership / responsibility
The End Point Assessment Process
After a minimum of 12 months on the programme, at the assessment gateway, your employer will make the decision that you are ready to undertake the endpoint assessment.
Before going forward for endpoint assessment, you must have:
- Achieved Level 2 English, maths (if not held)
- Met the set skills, knowledge and behaviours of the standard
- Achieved 20% off the job requirement
End Point Assessment
Following successful completion of the Gateway, you will proceed to endpoint assessment (EPA).
The EPA is undertaken by an independent assessment organisation.
The End Point assessment components are:
- Practical observation with Q&A
- Work-based project supported by an interview
- Professional discussion based on portfolio
All components of the endpoint assessment must be completed and an endpoint assessment grade will be determined by the endpoint assessor.
Are you interested in this apprenticeship?
Want to see more?
Check out some of our other apprenticeships similar to this one