The Data Analyst apprenticeship equips individuals with the ability to ascertain how data can be used in order to answer questions and solve problems. Apprentices will learn the process for requirement-gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming and modelling data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making.
This apprenticeship provides the skills and knowledge to apply different facets and approaches of data analysis.
Data analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data. They work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders/customers issues. They document and report the results of data analysis activities making recommendations to improve business performance. They have a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures and the range of analytical tools used to undertake a range of different types of analyses.
Details of program
During your apprenticeship you will develop the following professional behaviours, knowledge and skills:
- identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- manipulate and link different data sets as required
- interpret and apply the organisations’ data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- the range of data protection and legal issues
- the data life cycle
- the different types of data, including open and public data, administrative data, and research data
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- And More …
Duration: 22 months
Face to face ☑️
Combination of both☑️
Start dates: Monthly
At the assessment gateway, your employer will make the decision that you are ready to undertake the end point assessment.
Before going forward for end point assessment, you must have:
- Achieved Level 2 English, maths and ICT (if not held)
- Put together a summative portfolio
- Achieved 20% off the job requirement
End Point Assessment
Following successful completion of the Gateway, you will proceed to end point assessment (EPA).
The EPA is undertaken by an independent assessment organisation.
The End Point assessment components are:
- Synoptic Project
- Summative Portfolio
- Employer reference
Your overall grade of Fail, Pass or Distinction will be determined by the End Point Assessment organisation.