The Improvement Practitioner Standard is multifaceted and provides coaching and learning in the vast world of ‘improvement’. The standard will help a business strive forward through and develop their people’s skillset.
Improvement Practitioners use a blend of Lean and Six Sigma, project and change management principles and tools to identify and lead the delivery of change across organisational functions and processes.
Typically Improvement Practitioners lead smaller projects and/or play a key supporting role in a larger programme – tackling issues that may require swift problem solving, or re-occurring challenges that require in-depth analysis and the implementation of a range of effective and sustainable countermeasures.
Typical activities include:
- Identifying potential opportunities, diagnosing issues, proposing solutions and implementing changes and controls
- Coaching teams and sharing best practice
- Improvement Practitioners usage can be found across all industry sectors and functions.
Typical Job Roles:
- Business Improvement Practitioner
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Process Excellence Manager
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Quality Control Senior Analyst.
For a more detailed overview of this apprenticeship, please download our latest brochure here or contact us via email at