Learners who are 19 and over may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan. These loans help you to cover the cost of your course fees – whether that’s a full or part-time course or training programme at levels 3, 4, 5, or 6. And you won’t even have to start paying it back until you’re earning more than £25,725 a year.
What is a Learner Loan?
To the left is a simple information video about Learner Loans
Who is eligible?
- Those aged 19 or above at the start of the course
- Those studying or training at level 3, 4, 5 or 6
- Those legally residing in the UK for the past three years
- UK nationals and those with settled status
- The loan is not dependent on your employment status. It is not means tested or subject to any credit checks.
What courses are available?
We are pleased to offer the following courses through advanced learner loans:
- Diploma in Customer Service (QCF) – L3
- Diploma in Management (QCF) – L3
- Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) – L3
- Diploma in Skills for Business: Enterprise – L3
- Diploma in Intelligence Operations (QCF) – L4
How do I apply?
- Apply for your chosen course(s) with us at The Tess Group
- If your application is successful, we will send you an offer letter. This tells you how to apply for the loan (via Student Finance England) and the how much you can apply for.
- Complete either an online or paper-based application form.
- We will let you know when your application is approved.
- Online applications will be processed within two to four days with a valid UK passport. Other applications will be processed in two to four weeks.
If your course is eligible you can get a loan for up to 100% of the cost of the training, including course and material fees.
Advanced Learner Loans work in a similar way to the Student Loan System. You apply for the loan via Student Finance England, and the payment will then be made directly to us. You will apply for one single loan to cover the whole length of your course, up to 4 learner loans. You will pay your loan
back after the course has finished, and you are earning £25k or more. Loans are only available for full qualifications not for individual units or awards.